CANBERRA musicians, guitarist/song writer Alex Richens and cellist/pianist Joel Davy are finalists in ‘Peak Upload,’ the music industry development initiative for Australian unsigned artists coming up at the Perisher Peak Festival on the long weekend.
Festival organisers report that they have had had over 50 very good applications from across the counter, and even overseas, but only three finalists get selected to perform at the Peak Festival and battle it out for the prize. The other finalists are Newcastle singer-songwriter Amy Vee and Bulli singer-songwriter Timothy James Bowen.
Richens and Davy combine popular and classical skills to bring about a mellow flavour with soulful vocals using the cello, lapslide and guitar. They recently played at Smiths Alternative Bookshop and will soon be releasing their first EP soon.
As finalists, ‘Alex & Joel’ will perform in the Finalists Concert at Perisher Peak Festival on Sunday, June 8 at 1:30pm.
They will also receive 3 nights on-snow accommodation with breakfast during the Festival, $200 spending money, Free entry into Kosciuszko National Park and passes to attend the whole festival from June 6-9.
The winner will be announced at the end of the Finals Concert at Peak Festival, and prize includes:
- 2 delegate passes to attend The Australasian World Music Expo
- A mentorship meeting with The Herd (at festival)
- Music Management Meeting with Artists Mgt & Int. Touring Group Troubadour Music his int. touring acts) http://troubadour-music.com/blog/
- Band Photo Shoot with Mandy Lamont http://www.mandylamont.com.au
- and A Publicity Intensive with Miss Bettina Media
Perisher Peak Festival, June 6-9, for all bookings and details visit peakfestival.com.au