Joy Burch has commended the winners of the Canberra Women in Business Awards, presented at their Gala Dinner and Awards night yesterday evening.
Ms Burch praised the winners for their achievements in business and raising the profile of successful women across the business community.
“Congratulations to Fiona Keary for winning the Outstanding Community Spirit Award, Gillian Yeend for the Best New Business of the Year, Emma Luscombe for Young Business Woman of the Year and finally, to Cara Hade for winning the prestigious Business Woman of the Year Award,” Joy said.
Formerly the ACT Chamber of Women in Business Annual Awards, the Canberra Women in Business Awards recognise local business women who are business owners, part of small firms or partnerships, employed by larger companies or governments, or belong to professional organisations.
“These awards bring together a diverse range of women from across Canberra’s business sector to acknowledge the important role they play in our local community.
The full list of winners is:
- Outstanding Community Spirit – Fiona Keary, Style Liberation
- Best New Business of the Year – Gillian Yeend, Yeend and Associates Family Lawyers
- Young Business Woman of the Year – Emma Luscombe, Antique Hair Salon
- Business Woman of the Year – Cara Hade, All About Care
- Highly Commended for Business Woman of the Year – Karen Porter, Solace Creations Double Glazing