IN order to raise funds and awareness for Girls’ education charity, One Girl, Canberra residents Anna Cook and Chrissie Erickson are heading up a series of walks to some of the region’s mountaintops throughout October.
The ‘Do It In A Dress’ campaign seeks to raise awareness and funds through sponsorship for One Girl, a charity that through donations provides girls in West Africa’s Sierra Leone with an education.
As part of the campaign participants wear school dresses and complete various challenges. In this case, Anna and Chrissie will be wearing school dresses while climbing 21 peaks across the ACT during October. They are both active members of Girl Guides, and were made aware of the One Girl campaign through a Girl Guide’s program, that looked at the UN Millennium Development Goals.
They hope to get others to come along to some or all of their walks, and make a donation to the charity.
The Chrissie and Anna’s challenge will run as follows through October:
- Saturday 4th – Brindabellas: Mt Ginini, Mt Franklin, and Mt Aggie
- Sunday 5th – Goorooyaroo: Old Joe Hill, Burnt Stump, Gecko Hills and Sammy’s Hill
- Monday 6th – One Tree Hill
- Saturday 11th – Mount Rob Roy and Big Monks
- Saturday 18th – Mt Stromlo and Brown Hill
- Sunday 19th – Black Mountain, Mount Painter, and The Pinnacle (this date is subject to change)
- Friday 24th – Mt Majura and Mt Ainslie
- Saturday 25th – Davidson Hill and Red Hill
- Sunday 26th – Mt Tennent and Boroomba Rocks