MICK Gentleman has let us know about eight new members of the ACT Sports Hall of Fame.
These eight names join a list of more than 100 previous inductees whose profiles will adorn the walls of the new Sporting Commons at the University of Canberra.
Their were five full members inducted:
- George Gregan (rugby union),
- Jason Croker (rugby league),
- Amy Wilson (football)
- Mike Harrow (softball/ice hockey)
- Neal Bates (rally driving)
Three associate members were inducted for their work behind the scenes.
- Chris Timpson (athletics and gymnastics)
- Meg Pereira (lawn bowls)
- Harry Marr (AFL and the establishment of ACT Sports House)