ACT Fire & Rescue is responding multiple units to reports of a fire in the Altitude Apartment complex in Chandler Street Belconnen.
Update to follow.
Fire crews were alerted by multiple automatic fire alarms.
The fire was located on the 10th floor of the building but was extinguished by a roof mounted sprinkler before firefighters arrived on scene.
The cause has been determined as accidental from a candle.
An estimated 40 people were evacuated and remain outside. Fire crews are currently ventilating the area before allowing residents back inside.
Residents are now back inside the Altitude Apartment building.
The damage from the fire is minimal.
If you have pictures of this incident please send them in to firstname.lastname@example.org