Fire in a UC kitchen, someone’s getting a big fine

fire

ACT Fire & Rescue has attended a small fire in a kitchen at the University of Canberra (UC).

The fire started on a stove inside the University Village at UC, Cooinda Street, Bruce and was extinguished by a resident and the sprinkler system.

Fire damage is minimal however the area including a common area has sustained some water and smoke damage.

Firefighters were notified following an Automatic Fire Alarm at 2.03pm and are currently ventilating the area.

The eight students / residents will be permitted to return the area shortly.

2:53 PM

,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Leave your opinion here. Please be nice. Your Email address will be kept private.
%d bloggers like this: