John Jorritsma, the latest Mr Fluffy victim to die

asbestos lr

JOHN Jorritsma, an electrician who was exposed to asbestos while crawling through the roof spaces of Mr Fluffy homes, died on Wednesday from mesothelioma, an incurable cancer caused solely by asbestos exposure.

Electrical Trades Union NSW secretary Steve Butler said he feared electricians and other tradespeople were continuing to be exposed to the loose asbestos fibres that were also used in Queanbeyan and other parts of the State’s south-east.

“Mr Jorritsma’s tragic death is a stark reminder of the dangers of asbestos, in particular to tradespeople,” Mr Butler said.

“The loose asbestos fibres used by Mr Fluffy are the most dangerous form of this deadly substance, easily becoming airborne where they are inhaled and lodge in the lungs.

, ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Leave your opinion here. Please be nice. Your Email address will be kept private.
%d bloggers like this: