WORD is just in from indomitable Coralie Wood that a local production of Jesus Christ Superstar is going to give it the full works at the AIS Arena next June.
The production will be brought to life by a team containing some of the most talented creative artists in the region including:
- Stephen Pike (Director),
- Ian McLean (Musical Director),
- Sharon Tree (Vocal Coach/Assistant Director),
- Jordan Kelly (Choreography),
- Chris Neal (Lighting Designer),
- Brian Sudding (Set Designer),
- Anna Senior (Costume Designer),
- Zach Dowse (Production Manager),
- Coralie Wood (Publicity and Marketing),
- Dot Russell (Stage Management)
With Lyrics by Tim Rice and music by Andrew Lloyd Webber, Jesus Christ Superstar debuted on Broadway in 1971 and has delighted millions of musical lovers worldwide. It has endured the decades and remains one of the biggest draw cards from the Lloyd Webber/Rice collaboration of musicals.
The Arena Tour and numerous Australia wide community productions have enjoyed huge box office success in recent times.
Being presented at the AIS this production is a first for the local theatre community.
It will be performed as a staged rock concert with full orchestra, costuming and technical effects.
It is the desire of the Production Team to cast locally however should this not be possible for all characters permission has been granted to look further afield.
Auditions will be held 29 August – 1 September 2014 for all Principal Roles and Ensemble.