BY assistant Prof Bruce Baer Arnold
DAWSON Heating and Cooling has been named the 2015 Queanbeyan Business of the Year.
The business was presented with the award at the Queanbeyan Business Excellence Awards function at The Q on Friday October 30, attended by more than 120 members of the Queanbeyan business community.
“Congratulations to Jonathan and the team at Dawson Heating and Cooling on being named the Queanbeyan Business of the Year for 2015,” Awards Committee Chair, Sue Whelan said.
“This is a great achievement for a business that has been very successful in the Queanbeyan/Canberra area.”
A record 33 entries were received for the 2015 Queanbeyan Business Excellence Awards.
The winners are:
- Professional Services – Dawson Heating and Cooling
- Retail, less than 10 employees – Four Bee Meats – Balzanelli Smallgoods
- Retail, more than 10 employees – Resort Trailers
- Tourism, Hospitality and Events – Royal Hotel Queanbeyan
- Light Industry/Manufacturing – Civil Construction Hire
- Judges’ Award – Best New Business – Ferguson Electrical
- Judges’ Award – Highly Commended Business – Curves Queanbeyan
- Business of the Year – Dawson Heating and Cooling
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Peter Lindbeck
- Customer Service Award – Home Hardware Karabar
- Highly Commended Customer Service – Queanbeyan City Travel and Cruise
- Disability Employer of the Year – George Forbes House
- Workplace Placement Employer of the Year – Hair Flair
“Congratulations to all of the winners of the 2015 Queanbeyan Business Excellence Awards categories and thanks to all of the businesses who nominated and the community members who participated in the community nomination awards,” Sue said.
[Photo: Jonathan Dawson (centre) from the 2015 Queanbeyan Business of the Year Dawson Heating and Cooling with staff members and WIN TV representative Murray Bower (left).]