A MAN has died under “suspicious circumstances” in Rivett today (December 17). About 5.20am, police were called to a house following a report of a disturbance where they discovered a man who had suffered critical injuries. […]
THE Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) has named 80 Canberra charities who have failed to lodge reports, earning them a “red-mark”.
ACNC Commissioner, Susan Pascoe, said the red-mark on the charity’s listing on the ACNC Charity Register, available online at acnc.gov.au, sends a clear message to potential donors, volunteers and grant makers that the charities are not compliant with their ACNC obligations.
“These charities were required to submit their 2014 Annual Information Statement by 31 January 2015,” Susan said.
“These charities, which are now more than six months late, have a red-mark on their listing on the Charity Register to highlight to people that the charity has yet to meet the legal requirement of submitting their 2014 Annual Information Statement.
“Once the charity submits its overdue 2014 Annual Information Statement, the red-mark will be removed.
“Submitting an Annual Information Statement is not only an obligation of being an ACNC registered charity, it’s also a way for charities to demonstrate transparency and show the public the work they are doing in the community.
“To those who haven’t submitted yet, I urge you to join the 40 000 registered charities that have already submitted their 2014 Annual Information Statement.
“If your charity needs assistance submitting its Annual Information Statement, contact our friendly staff on 13 ACNC.”
Charities can check their reporting due date by viewing their charity’s entry on the ACNC Charity Register or by logging into the Charity Portal at charity.acnc.gov.au.
Charities can find further information about the 2014 Annual Information Statement at acnc.gov.au/2014AIS.
Local charities more than six months late with their reporting are:
- Aust Law And Justice Welfare Foundation
- Kaleen High School Parents And Citizens Association
- Solace A C T Incorporated
- National Zoo And Aquarium Conservation Team
- Canberra Korean Baptist Church Incorporated
- Regular Defence Force Welfare Association Act Branch Inc
- Church Of Christ Belconnen
- Bonython Primary School Parents And Citizens Association Incorporated
- Hindu Temple And Cultural Centre Of Act Inc
- Richardson Primary School P&C School Library Fund
- Lions Youth Haven Inc
- Canberra & Region Centre For Spiritual Care & Clinical Pastoral Education Inc
- Ginninderra Wind Orchestra
- Canberra Tamil Association Incorporated
- Nexus Human Services Inc
- The Trustee For Act Electrical Industry Charity Trust
- Telopea Park School P & C Association
- Regular Defence Force Welfare Association Inc
- Law Enforcement Against Prohibition Australia
- New Testament House Churches Ltd.
- Australian Ecumenical Council For Spiritual Direction
- Free Serbian Orthodox Church St George Canberra Diocese
- The Inclusion Club Limited
- Canberra & District Historical Society Inc
- Canberra Seniors Centre Inc
- National Museum Of Labour
- University Of Canberra Students’ Association Incorporated
- Australasian Study Of Parliament Group Act Chapter
- The Trustee For Act Electrical Industry Charity Trust No.2
- Kytherian Brotherhood Of Canberra And District Incorporated
- The Chinese Methodist Church In Australia Canberra
- Australian National Islamic Library
- Backyard Ministries Incorporated
- The Trustee For The Mothers Prayers Australia Trust
- Oikoumene Foundation Inc
- Aboriginal Justice Centre Incorporated
- Australian Peacekeeping Memorial Project Inc
- UCA – Canberra Korean Uniting Church
- Act Critical Incident Stress Management Information Service Incorporated
- Australian Council State School Organisations Inc
- Regular Defence Force Welfare Association Relief Fund
- Reid Early Childhood Centre Incorporated
- Technical Aid To The Disabled Australia Incorporated
- Australian Capital Territory Maori Performing Arts Incorporated
- National Information Centre On Retirement Investments Inc
- Orphans Aid International Incorporated
- Community Services Of Gungahlin Inc
- The Medical Advances Without Animals Trust
- Act Community Language Schools Association Inc
- Baringa Child Care Centre Incorporated
- Anglican Cursillo Movement Of Aust Diocese Of Canberra And Goul
- First Australian Capacity Development Association Incorporated
- The New Church In Canberra Inc.
- Young Music Society Inc
- Australia’s Helping Hand Incorporated
- The Trustee For Priestly Fraternity Of St Peter (Fssp)(Canberra) Trust
- Australian Red Cross Society Act Division Ball Committee
- John Koowarta Reconciliation Law Scholarship Trust Fund
- All Souls Welfare Fund
- Tears Of The Oppressed Inc
- Autism Association Act Inc
- Canberra Gay And Lesbian Qwire Association Incorporated
- Woden Valley Bible Church Incorporated
- Australian Lactation Consultants Association Ltd
- Twin Towns Employment Enterprises Limited
- The Trustee For St Vincent De Paul Society National Council Of Australia Endowment Fund
- FOCUS Military Ministry Incorporated
- Big Bang Ballers Limited Isaacs
- The Trustee For St Edmund’s College Canberra Scholarship
- National Ethnic Disability Alliance Inc
- Woden Seniors Incorporated
- Indigenous Reading Project Ltd
- Ricky Stuart Foundation
- Canberra Grace Presbyterian Church Incorporated
- Giralang/kaleen Men’s Shed Incorporated
- Rainbow Essentials Project
- Boundless Canberra Incorporated
- Young Diggers Limited
- The Trustee for Barrett Elton Foundation