“The impression created by the ACT opposition and reported in the media is that the whole hospital is ‘rooned’,” writes MICHAEL MOORE
THE Canberra Liberals have announced their slate of candidates for the 2015 election.
- Jeremy Hanson MLA
- Giulia Jones MLA
- John Ellingham is a specialist medical practitioner who has been working in Canberra for 20 years. He undertakes work for public and private hospitals and specialists around Canberra. He lives in Curtin with his family.
- Paul House is a Ngambri custodian and works as a NSW Public Servant. He has lived in the Electorate of Murrumbidgee for his entire life and has strong ancestral connections to the area where he lives with his family.
- Peter Hosking was born and bred in the Woden Valley and is actively involved in several community organisations. Peter currently works for Senator Bushby.
- Alistair Coe MLA
- Amanda Lynch has lived in Canberra for more than 23 years. She was a journalist who became an adviser in the Howard government and then went on to run the Real Estate Institute of Australia.
- James Milligan is a small business owner and publisher who has lived in Gungahlin for 12 years. James is actively involved with his local community through his work as Communications Director at the Gungahlin Community Council.
- Justin States has been a resident of Canberra since 1992. He is a lawyer is and currently Manager of Policy at Charterhouse Partnership.
- Jacob Vadakkedathu is an Assistant Director at the Department of Finance. He has lived in Canberra for 18 years and is heavily involved in multicultural communities in the ACT.
- Vicki Dunne MLA
- Denise Fisher first moved to Canberra in 1952. She worked for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and has had numerous diplomatic postings. She is the daughter of former Liberal Chief Minister Trevor Kaine.
- Elizabeth Kikkert is a full time mother of five children between aged 8 and 15. She moved to Canberra in 2005 and spends her free time volunteering.
- Paul Sweeney is a prosecutor and former police officer. He was born in Canberra and has lived in Belconnen for 17 years. He is a father of one.
- Ignatius Rozario has been living in Belconnen for 14 years. He is working as an Accountant at Gillespie & Co Chartered Accountants and is a father of one.
- Steve Doszpot MLA
- Candice Burch is a public servant, working as a policy officer at the Department of Finance. She is a long term Kingston resident and ANU graduate.
- Brooke Curtain lives in Campbell and works at the Civil Aviation Safety Authority. She was the first Australian woman to be qualified as an F1-11 Navigator and is a mother of three.
- Elizabeth Lee is a lawyer and academic who has lived in Canberra since 1998. Elizabeth is the Vice President of the ACT Law Society and a law lecturer at the ANU and the University of Canberra.
- Peter McKay has been a resident in Canberra for 33 years. Peter has raised his children in Canberra while serving as a member of the Australian Defence Force.
- Nicole Lawder MLA
- Brendan Smyth MLA
- Andrew Wall MLA
- Edward Cocks has lived in the Tuggeranong Valley for close to 30 years. He is a public servant who has worked for the Federal Department of Health since 1999 and is a father of two.
- Annette Fazey has lived in Canberra for most of her life. She is a National Director at Sensis Australia and is a mother of two.