THE Connect and Participate Expo, on March 24, is basically an “O-Week” for adults, an interactive, fun event with live music, demonstrations and activities, says event organiser Nadia McGuire. It’s an all-inclusive, all-ability, all-age, family-friendly […]
JEREMY Hanson has outlined his plan for more support for local police.
“ACT Policing needs the best possible support available to keep Canberra a safe and welcoming community,” Jeremy said.
“We understand that the job of policing cannot always be made easy or without risk.
“On a daily basis they face difficult decisions and have a challenging job keeping the community safe in the face of increased incidents of domestic violence, ice addiction, and personal and property crime.
“To support our local police the Canberra Liberals will:
- Provide $13 million to ACT Policing for 30 additional police.
- Issue tasers for all front line police officers;
- Introduce tougher penalties for assaults on police;
- Introduce legislation for Cowards Punch Offences;
- Introduce stronger Outlaw Motorcycle Criminal Gangs Legislation;
- Establish a specific Domestic Violence Court; and
- Establish an ACT Independent Commission Against Corruption.
“It is core Government business to keep the community safe and we will act swiftly on these measures if elected next month,” Mr Hanson concluded.