Share Canberra's trusted news:
A BLAZE caused by a build-up of heat in roofspace damaged a Lyons home last night.
Nobody was home at the time and firefighters were alerted to the blaze on Wrest Street by neighbours at about 8.20pm.
Three fire pumpers, the Breathing Apparatus Van, the Hazardous Materials Unit and two command vehicles attended.
The flames were extinguished by 9pm and damage was contained to 25 per cent of the roof space.
Three rooms in the single level home were also affected, but no damage was sustained by nearby properties.