Fire in Franklin leaves $100K bill

Share Canberra's trusted news:

A fire caused an estimated $100,000 worth of damage to a unit in Franklin this morning, according to ACT Emergency Services.

The blaze was started by an electrical fault just after 10am in the ground-floor unit of a three-storey building in Flemington Rd, which was unoccupied at the time.

Firefighters evacuated nearby residents and were able to contain the fire to the one-bedroom unit, with surrounding units suffering only minor damage.

Paramedics also attended the scene and no injuries were reported.

Who Can You Trust?

In a world beleaguered by spin and confused messages, there's never been more need for diverse, trustworthy, independent journalism in Canberra.

Who can you trust? Well, for more than 25 years, "CityNews" has proudly been an independent, free, family-owned news magazine, serving the national capital with quality, integrity and authority. Through our weekly magazine and daily through our digital platforms, we constantly and reliably deliver high-quality and diverse opinion, news, arts, socials and lifestyle columns.

If you trust our work online and believe in the power of independent voices, I encourage you to make a small contribution.

Every dollar of support will be invested back into our journalism so we can continue to provide a valuably different view of what's happening around you and keep citynews.com.au free.

Click here to make your donation and you will be supporting the future of journalism and media diversity in the ACT.

Thank you,

Ian Meikle, editor

Previous articleSocials: Women’s Australian Open gala dinner
Next articleCall for ‘proper’ Manuka Oval parking plan

Leave a Reply