Joy Burch has given notice that there’s just one more week for the community to have their say into the Board of Senior Secondary Studies (BSSS) review of the ACT Year 12 Certificate.
“ACT secondary schools produce outstanding student outcomes, with some of the highest levels of educational achievement of all Australian jurisdictions,” Joy said.
“However, the Year 12 Certificate has remained largely unchanged for well over 30 years, and it is time to see if change is needed.”
The review is looking at:
- the number and types of certificates
- the number of different packages
- minimum requirements for certificates, including literacy and numeracy
- recognition of vocational learning
- recognition of extra-curricular and outside learning
- moderation and quality assurance.
Submissions should be sent by May 12 to email@example.com .
More information on the BSSS website.