Don’t put your vege box on a hot stove top

Share Canberra's trusted news:

fire

Firefighters were forced to break through the front door of a Narrabundah apartment this afternoon after being alerted to a fire inside.

ACT Fire & Rescue received an emergency triple zero (000) call from a neighbour of the Leahy Street property at 1:10pm.

Multiple fire crews were immediately dispatched to the building.

After forcing entry into the premises, firefighters discovered a box containing recently purchased vegetables alight on the stove in the kitchen and quickly extinguished it.

No one was home at the time.

Fire crews are now ventilating the property to clear the smoke and attempting to contact the owner.

The damage was minimal and the cause deemed accidental.

Who Can You Trust?

In a world beleaguered by spin and confused messages, there's never been more need for diverse, trustworthy, independent journalism in Canberra.

Who can you trust? Well, for more than 25 years, "CityNews" has proudly been an independent, free, family-owned news magazine, serving the national capital with quality, integrity and authority. Through our weekly magazine and daily through our digital platforms, we constantly and reliably deliver high-quality and diverse opinion, news, arts, socials and lifestyle columns.

If you trust our work online and believe in the power of independent voices, I encourage you to make a small contribution.

Every dollar of support will be invested back into our journalism so we can continue to provide a valuably different view of what's happening around you and keep citynews.com.au free.

Click here to make your donation and you will be supporting the future of journalism and media diversity in the ACT.

Thank you,

Ian Meikle, editor

Previous articleSocials: ClubsACT Awards for Excellence Dinner, Southern Cross Club Woden
Next articleLoss and lament in World War I music

Leave a Reply