Share Canberra's trusted news:
Firefighters were forced to break through the front door of a Narrabundah apartment this afternoon after being alerted to a fire inside.
ACT Fire & Rescue received an emergency triple zero (000) call from a neighbour of the Leahy Street property at 1:10pm.
Multiple fire crews were immediately dispatched to the building.
After forcing entry into the premises, firefighters discovered a box containing recently purchased vegetables alight on the stove in the kitchen and quickly extinguished it.
No one was home at the time.
Fire crews are now ventilating the property to clear the smoke and attempting to contact the owner.
The damage was minimal and the cause deemed accidental.