MICK Gentleman has released a suite of planning changes designed to redevelop a number of sites across Canberra.
“The Omnibus Territory Plan variation process seeks to make changes that support the government’s land release program and the renewal of the public housing portfolio,” Mick said.
“This omnibus variation contains the sites that involve less complex planning changes.”
The changes are proposed to sites in Charnwood, Greenway, Kaleen, Lyons, Mitchell, Symonston and Downer.
The sites have been part of community consultations held by the Community Services Directorate and the Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate.
Over 700 people have participated in the consultations which commenced earlier this year.
The first omnibus variation released today comprises:
- DV335 – Charnwood Section 97 Block 6 (former fire station site) from Transport Services to Community Facility
- DV337 – Greenway Section 28 Block 2 (unleased land next to dog park) from Commercial CZ6 to Residential RZ4
- DV330 – Kaleen Section 117 Block 23 (former Bocce Club) from Community Facility to Residential RZ5
- DV331 – Lyons Section 53 Blocks 1, 4, 5 and 8 (Strathgordon Court) from Residential RZ4 to Residential RZ5
- DV338 – Mitchell Section 53 Block 3 (unleased land next to crematorium) adding ‘civic administration’ to Broadacre and add ‘archive’ to ‘civic administration’
- DV336 – Symonston Section 1 Block 8 and Section 115 Block 1 (unleased land next to AMTECH Estate) from Industrial IZ1 to Industrial IZ2 and Urban Open Space PRZ1
- DV322 – Downer Section 61 Blocks 17 and 16 (former Downer Primary School and Downer Community Hall) from Community Facility to Residential RZ5 and CZ4 local centres to Community Facility, respectively.
Some of the other sites that were included in earlier consultation processes require more complex changes. These include the public housing sites at Gowrie Court in Narrabundah, the Red Hill housing precinct and Stuart Flats in Griffith as well as Section 72 in Dickson.
“Design workshops are currently being held for the secondary sites with further work to be undertaken,” Mick said.
“Draft Territory Plan variations for these sites are planned for release in early 2015.”
The full variation including how to comment is available at www.actpla.act.gov.au/draftvariations
Background information about the sites and the pre-Territory Plan consultation is available at www.timetotalk.act.gov.au.