Share Canberra's trusted news:
THE BRW Rich 200 list is being published tomorrow on www.brw.com.au but they’ve confided in “CityNews” that Canberra’s lone entry in the list is the king of Canberra Airport, Terry Snow.
Terry has an estimated worth of $710 million, up from $680 million last year.
Other highlights in the list are:
- Gina Rinehart remains the richest Australian – topping the 2014 BRW Rich 200 list ($20.1 billion, down two from last year).
- # 2 is Anthony Pratt and family, and # 3 James Packer
- Total wealth of the Rich 200 is up $16.81 billion to $193.61 billion.
- The average wealth per person on the Rich 200 rises to $968 million, up from $884 million last year.
- Without Rinehart the average wealth is $872 million, up from $778 million a year ago.
- Some of the people who dropped off the 2014 BRW Rich 200 list did so because they were unable to reach the higher $250 million cut-off, which is up $15 million on last year.
- Clive Palmer’s wealth has tumbled by $1 billion down from $2.2 billion last year to $1.2 billion on this year’s BRW Rich 200 list.
- The 2014 BRW Rich 200 documents the rise of technology entrepreneurs, including two 34-year-old billionaires in Atlassian co-founders Mike Cannon-Brookes and Scott Farquhar
- There are 14 women on the 2014 BRW Rich 200, the same figure as last year
- 20 BRW Rich 200 members live overseas