ANDREW Barr has announced the start of $3.38 million in road works over three years in Dickson to make way for the coming supermarket boom in the area.
The work is expected to commence in the latter part of this year and be completed by mid 2016. The intersections where work will be undertaken are:
- Antill St – Badham St where traffic signals are to be installed;
- Antill St – Cowper St where there will be modifications to the existing signalised intersection;
- Cowper St – Dickson Shops Access Rd where minor improvements will be made;
- Cowper St – Dickson Pl where modification to the existing signalised intersection are proposed; and
- Badham St – Dickson Pl where new traffic signals are to be installed.
The redevelopment will include two new supermarkets and other retailers, 150 apartments and 500 undercover car parking spaces.