On hearing of an interesting meeting in a London Circuit cafe my thoughts turned to the ACT Register of Lobbyists.
Back in December the Legislative Assembly informed us about the commencement on January 1 2015 of that Register with this note:
From 1 January 2015 only lobbyists who are registered on the ACT Register of Lobbyists will be able to contact a Member of the Legislative Assembly, their staff and contractors, or ACT public sector employees for the purpose of lobbying on behalf of a third party.
So it’s with some interest that I browsed my way over the the two registers.
Lobbyists registered as a natural person contains just the one entry:
- Stephen Leslie Kendal of Kendal and Associates
Lobbyists registered as a company has four:
- The Canberra Institute Pty Ltd trading as The Braddon Forum
- Hawker Britton Group Pty Ltd trading as Hawker Britton
- J H & Associates trading as J H & Associates
- Vanguard Consulting and Services Pty Ltd trading as Vanguard Health
There would certainly appear to be room in the market for lobbying the ACT Government.