Share Canberra's trusted news:
ACT Fire & Rescue crews have evacuated people from the Canberra Museum and Gallery on London Circuit in Civic.
Firefighters are investigating after reports of a strong smell of smoke.
Update to follow.
Around 100 people had to be evacuated from the Canberra Museum and Gallery in Civic, after a strong smell of smoke was detected this afternoon.
The cause is believed to be an electrical short circuit in a hand dryer in a toilet.
ACT Paramedics are assessing two people.
Firefighters are conducting air monitoring tests and expect people to be able to return to the building shortly.
[Photo by Sheridan Burnett]