SMOKE forced 85 children, parents and carers to evacuate from ANU Preschool and Child Care Centre. At about 1.45pm today (November 15) ACT Fire & Rescue found a small amount of smoke coming from an aquarium. Crews […]
A STRUCTURAL fire in the Northbourne flats in Braddon has caused severe damage to a second storey unit.
Nine appliances, including four pumpers and the HAZMAT crew, are on the scene. The fire has now been extinguished but ACTF&R remain ventilating the floors above as they were heavily smoke affected.
Henty Street in Braddon has been temporarily closed. The flat was unoccupied and it appears that no-one has been injured.