IN an inspired move the ride-sharing not-a-taxi service Uber, which does not yet operate in Canberra, is coming to town on Friday bearing free gelato for everyone who signs up their personal and financial details with them.
- Uber/uberX is coming to Canberra on Friday July 24 to deliver ice cream on demand to local residents.
- They’ll be delivering ice cream from Gelato Messina.
- The special flavour, “uberX scoop”, will be made using hazelnut gelato with white chocolate, hazelnut fudge, milk choc chips and wafers.
- They hope to be back with more than ice cream in the not too distant future.
How it Works
1. Download the Uber app on an Apple, Android or Windows device, and create an account.
2. Enter the promo code “ICECREAMOZ” when signing up, or in the PROMOTIONS section of the app if you’re already an Uber user.
3. Open the Uber app on Friday, July 24, between 11am – 5pm
4. Set your location and request ICE CREAM
5. If connected, order away and Ice Cream will be delivered curbside in minutes
In Canberra the offer is for “North & South Canberra”.
- What is uberX Scoop?
-Hazelnut gelato with white chocolate, hazelnut fudge, milk choc chips and cream filled wafers-
CONTAINS NUTS, GLUTEN, DAIRY, EGGS
NB: does not contain gelatine, alcohol, or peanuts
- How can I get FREE Messina?
New users can use the code IceCreamOZ to get $20 off their first ride, or one tub of FREE uberX Scoop, today only!
- Existing Uber users will be charged $15 for a tub of Messina delivered to your door!
- New Uber users may incur a $1 AUD verification charge upon signing up to make sure that your account is real. Don’t worry – this never actually withdraws any funds from your account and is reversed as soon as verification has been made.