Nasty burns from a fire fuel spill

Share Canberra's trusted news:

fire

FIREFIGHTERS and intensive care paramedics have been called to a home on Shepherd Street, Pearce after fuel from a decorative wall mounted fireplace spilled and burnt two patients.

ACT Fire & Rescue contained the fire and ACT Ambulance Service intensive care paramedics treated two female patients aged in their 30’s for partial thickness burns.

One patient with burns to the shoulder and the other patient with burns to the leg and face.

Both are being taken to the Canberra Hospital in a stable condition.

Who Can You Trust?

In a world beleaguered by spin and confused messages, there's never been more need for diverse, trustworthy, independent journalism in Canberra.

Who can you trust? Well, for more than 25 years, "CityNews" has proudly been an independent, free, family-owned news magazine, serving the national capital with quality, integrity and authority. Through our weekly magazine and daily through our digital platforms, we constantly and reliably deliver high-quality and diverse opinion, news, arts, socials and lifestyle columns.

If you trust our work online and believe in the power of independent voices, I encourage you to make a small contribution.

Every dollar of support will be invested back into our journalism so we can continue to provide a valuably different view of what's happening around you and keep citynews.com.au free.

Click here to make your donation and you will be supporting the future of journalism and media diversity in the ACT.

Thank you,

Ian Meikle, editor

Previous articleDrugs, gun and allegedly stolen goods in Bonython haul
Next articleHave you seen the missing Cobra?

Leave a Reply