Electric heater fault destroys Braddon home

Share Canberra's trusted news:


FIREFIGHTERS have extinguished a fire in a house at Braddon this morning.

ACT Fire & Rescue was alerted to the incident in Ijong Street at 5:30am.

Crews arrived a short time later to find a fire in the roof space of the property.

Two occupants had safely evacuated from the home.

Initial investigations suggest an electrical fault with a heater in a bedroom started the fire.

The initial estimates damage bill is $350,000.


Who Can You Trust?

In a world beleaguered by spin and confused messages, there's never been more need for diverse, trustworthy, independent journalism in Canberra.

Who can you trust? Well, for more than 25 years, "CityNews" has proudly been an independent, free, family-owned news magazine, serving the national capital with quality, integrity and authority. Through our weekly magazine and daily through our digital platforms, we constantly and reliably deliver high-quality and diverse opinion, news, arts, socials and lifestyle columns.

If you trust our work online and believe in the power of independent voices, I encourage you to make a small contribution.

Every dollar of support will be invested back into our journalism so we can continue to provide a valuably different view of what's happening around you and keep citynews.com.au free.

Click here to make your donation and you will be supporting the future of journalism and media diversity in the ACT.

Thank you,

Ian Meikle, editor

Previous articleCanberra property vacancies coming down
Next articleGrattan / Turnbull tells banks to pass on the whole interest rate cut

Leave a Reply