A NEW service being rolled out by the ACT government aims to keep older Canberrans out of hospital. The Geriatric Rapid Acute Care Evaluation (GRACE) Service provides care to unwell Canberrans in residential aged care […]
A 24-year-old Theodore man will face the ACT Magistrates Court this morning (22 September) in relation to drugs, firearms, ammunition and explosives seized during the execution of a search warrant in Kambah. These seizures follow the arrest of an Outlaw Motorcycle Gang (OMCG) member by ACT Policing’s Taskforce Nemesis on 18 August 2016.
During the execution of the search warrant, police located and seized:
- a semi-automatic military style rifle
- a loaded revolver
- a trench knife
- knuckle dusters
- a self-loading rifle magazine
- 1.81 kilograms of commercial explosive, and
- 73 detonators, detonating cord, and safety fuse.
It is expected the man will be charged with:
- two counts of unauthorised possession of prohibited firearms
- two counts of possessing ammunition
- two counts of failing to comply with firearm storage requirements
- two counts of possessing prohibited weapons
- two counts of trafficking in a controlled drug other than cannabis
- one count of possessing a prohibited article, and
- five counts of possessing a dangerous substance.
Taskforce Nemesis is a dedicated team within ACT Policing targeting the criminal activity and unlawful wealth of OMCG members.
Police encourage members of the public to be vigilant as to the activities of OMCG members in their area. If you have any information, please contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or via the website at act.crimestoppers.com.au. Information can be provided anonymously.