“THE week of the Italian way of living” culminates with Vivere all’Italiana Day and an open day at the Italian embassy on Sunday, November 25. Visitors will be invited into the embassy gardens where Italian […]
JEREMY Hanson has outlined his plan for more support for local police.
“ACT Policing needs the best possible support available to keep Canberra a safe and welcoming community,” Jeremy said.
“We understand that the job of policing cannot always be made easy or without risk.
“On a daily basis they face difficult decisions and have a challenging job keeping the community safe in the face of increased incidents of domestic violence, ice addiction, and personal and property crime.
“To support our local police the Canberra Liberals will:
- Provide $13 million to ACT Policing for 30 additional police.
- Issue tasers for all front line police officers;
- Introduce tougher penalties for assaults on police;
- Introduce legislation for Cowards Punch Offences;
- Introduce stronger Outlaw Motorcycle Criminal Gangs Legislation;
- Establish a specific Domestic Violence Court; and
- Establish an ACT Independent Commission Against Corruption.
“It is core Government business to keep the community safe and we will act swiftly on these measures if elected next month,” Mr Hanson concluded.