IT was a close call for two motorbike riders, who were lawfully lane filtering in Majura when a Ford Falcon swerved, almost colliding with them. The riders were travelling separately northbound on Majura Parkway at about […]
Trams are red, buses are blue,
Transport Canberra’s saying green’s gone, too.
THE green is going and all new Canberra buses will be blue from now on. And Transport Canberra has also announced the trams will be red when they start running in 2019.
As part of the showcase of new colours, Transport Canberra also launched the first of 20 new Scania Euro 6 buses which will be added to the Action fleet next year.
Their features include:
- Improved wheelchair accessibility
- Bike racks
- Fewer internal steps increasing safety for passengers
- Dual sensitive edge passenger doors for increased safety
- Revised air-conditioning ducting
- Full interior and exterior LED lighting
- Revised and improved access for servicing and maintenance
- New, low noise interior body design for improved passenger comfort