Gordon street closed after huge house fire

Share Canberra's trusted news:

A FIRE extensively damaged a two storey town house on Jim Pike Avenue in Gordon and the road was temporarily closed early this morning (May 16). 

The fire started in the garage before it spread through the town house.

ACT Ambulance Service assessed one person and paramedics stayed on scene for firefighter safety.

Firefighters extinguished the fire and remained on scene to ensure the area was safe.

The community was asked to avoid Jim Pike Avenue.

Who Can You Trust?

In a world beleaguered by spin and confused messages, there's never been more need for diverse, trustworthy, independent journalism in Canberra.

Who can you trust? Well, for more than 25 years, "CityNews" has proudly been an independent, free, family-owned news magazine, serving the national capital with quality, integrity and authority. Through our weekly magazine and daily through our digital platforms, we constantly and reliably deliver high-quality and diverse opinion, news, arts, socials and lifestyle columns.

If you trust our work online and believe in the power of independent voices, I encourage you to make a small contribution.

Every dollar of support will be invested back into our journalism so we can continue to provide a valuably different view of what's happening around you and keep citynews.com.au free.

Click here to make your donation and you will be supporting the future of journalism and media diversity in the ACT.

Thank you,

Ian Meikle, editor

Previous articleAustralia’s migration policy is ‘failing’
Next articleAt the annual Law Week dinner, Parkes

Leave a Reply