Share Canberra's trusted news:
TRANSPORT Canberra and City Services have suspended the investigation into the dog attack incident involving Mimosa the alpaca after it failed to identify the dog or the dog’s owner.
TCCS began the investigation after Mimosa was attacked on March 12.
TCCS says key actions were undertaken during the investigation such as:
- collecting statements from two eye witnesses
- a door knock of 14 properties in the area including schools, shops and businesses
- a formal statement from the victim as well as a re-enactment of the incident
- speaking with 18 individuals
- assessing vet reports
- following four potential leads including from social media.
During the investigation, TCCS also liaised with ACT police and the RSPCA ACT.