Another hotel linked to virus: Canberrans urged to isolate

Share Canberra's trusted news:

PEOPLE who have visited another NSW hotel are being urged to isolate immediately after its been linked to a new surge in cases. 

NSW Health says anyone who has been to Picton Hotel, in Picton, between Saturday, July 4, and Thursday, July 9, or Friday, July 10, need to isolate immediately and get in touch with ACT Health through the COVID-19 Helpline on 6207 7244.

This advise comes after NSW Health warned visitors earlier this week to isolate if they’d visited the Crossroads Hotel in Casula between July 3 and 10.

“These people are also encouraged to get tested for COVID-19, regardless of whether they are showing symptoms,” says ACT Health.

“This will help us in assisting the NSW government in their efforts to establish the source of infection at the hotel. If you weren’t in these hotels during these times, there is no need to turn up to one of our COVID-19 testing centres unless you have symptoms.”

“ACT residents travelling in NSW are also reminded to be aware of the situation in that state and take appropriate precautions. This includes maintaining appropriate physical distancing measures and practicing good hand hygiene. The pandemic is not over and we must continue to be vigilant.”

There have been no new cases of COVID-19 recorded in the ACT in the past 24 hours, leaving the ACT’s total at 113. There are still five active cases in the ACT.

The number of negative tests in the ACT is now 37,443.

Who Can You Trust?

In a world beleaguered by spin and confused messages, there's never been more need for diverse, trustworthy, independent journalism in Canberra.

Who can you trust? Well, for more than 25 years, "CityNews" has proudly been an independent, free, family-owned news magazine, serving the national capital with quality, integrity and authority. Through our weekly magazine and daily through our digital platforms, we constantly and reliably deliver high-quality and diverse opinion, news, arts, socials and lifestyle columns.

If you trust our work online and believe in the power of independent voices, I encourage you to make a small contribution.

Every dollar of support will be invested back into our journalism so we can continue to provide a valuably different view of what's happening around you and keep citynews.com.au free.

Click here to make your donation and you will be supporting the future of journalism and media diversity in the ACT.

Thank you,

Ian Meikle, editor

Previous articleGang sets fire to boat in Higgins
Next articleFund gets Withers’ songs on the radio

Leave a Reply