Man arrested after $1 million cocaine bust

Share Canberra's trusted news:

A GOULBURN man was arrested this morning (October 30) after police found $1 million worth of cocaine in a storage complex in Queanbeyan earlier in the year. 

The 28-year-old was arrested following extensive enquiries, which led police to search the storage complex on Aurora Avenue, on April 3.

During the search, officers located and seized more than 2kg of cocaine, which has an estimated potential street value of about $900,000.

A large amount of a drug cutting agent, later identified as caffeine and Inositol, and drug paraphernalia was also seized.

The Goulburn man has been charged with supplying a large commercial quantity of cocaine and will face charges in the Queanbeyan Local Court.

Southern region enforcement squad commander, Detective Chief Inspector Joe Thone, says: “We are sending a clear warning to anyone who is thinking about engaging in the supply of illicit drugs.”

“There are a number of ongoing investigations into criminal activity in southern NSW, and we are leaving no stone unturned,” he says.

“We will continue to target those engaging in the supply of illicit drugs, and rest assured anyone who engages in these activities will face the full brunt of the law.”

Inquiries are continuing.

Who Can You Trust?

In a world beleaguered by spin and confused messages, there's never been more need for diverse, trustworthy, independent journalism in Canberra.

Who can you trust? Well, for more than 25 years, "CityNews" has proudly been an independent, free, family-owned news magazine, serving the national capital with quality, integrity and authority. Through our weekly magazine and daily through our digital platforms, we constantly and reliably deliver high-quality and diverse opinion, news, arts, socials and lifestyle columns.

If you trust our work online and believe in the power of independent voices, I encourage you to make a small contribution.

Every dollar of support will be invested back into our journalism so we can continue to provide a valuably different view of what's happening around you and keep citynews.com.au free.

Click here to make your donation and you will be supporting the future of journalism and media diversity in the ACT.

Thank you,

Ian Meikle, editor

Previous articleMovie review / ‘The Mystery of Henri Pick’ (M)
Next articleNew fire season comes with new risks

Leave a Reply