FOLLOWING work safety inspections last week, WorkSafe ACT has shut a residential construction site in Denman Prospect due to multiple safety concerns.
On Wednesday (February 17) WorkSafe ACT visited 26 residential construction sites in Denman Prospect and issued 19 prohibition notices, 56 improvement notices, two infringement notices to the value of $7200 – due to risk of falls –, and shut one worksite.
Work health and safety commissioner Jacqueline Agius said the notices were issued due to the risk of falls from heights, unsafe scaffolding, electrical hazards, poor housekeeping and insecure site fencing.
“We issued notices at almost all of the 26 sites we visited on Wednesday, because these sites posed serious health and safety risks to workers and other people who might enter the sites,” she said.
“Every worker deserves to go home safely at the end of a day’s work.”