Spring must be getting closer; tickets to this year’s Floriade NightFest are now on sale.
Commonwealth Park will feature a diverse program of night-time entertainment including live comedy, feature movies and music.
Organisers promise also an extensive array of food, wines and markets.
Highlights of this year’s NightFest include:
• the light and sound spectacular “Storm of the Senses” in the Rhododendron Gardens. It will take visitors on a theatrical journey through digital rain falling to a dramatic musical soundtrack;
• screenings of “The Social Network”, “Julie & Julia”, “Chocolat” and “Tangled” on a giant screen at Stage 88. Film sessions will also include screenings of short films from the Canberra Short Film Festival;
• the Carnival Stage & Bar with comedians Rod Quantock, Tommy Little and Leo Bonne.
• the Butterfly Lounge featuring DJs Jemist and D’Opus and live performances by Dub Dub Goose and Drum Assault; and
• cooking demonstrations by well-known chefs in the From the Pantry marquee.
NightFest runs from Wednesday, September 28 to Sunday, October 2 and tickets are on sale atwww.ticketek.com.au, any Ticketek agent or by phoning 132849.