ACT Policing is seeking witnesses to five burglaries in Fyshwick on Friday morning (March 27), believed to be related.
Between 5.30am and 6am on Friday (March 27), an offender gained entry to five businesses in Fyshwick including:
- Timmo’s Takeaway on Wiluna Street, where the offender damaged the front door and took cash.
- Best Friends Pet Store on Barrier Street, where the offender damaged the front door and took a wig and bag of dog chews.
- Baby Bunting on Iron Knob Street, where the offender damaged the front door and left with nothing.
- Domayne on Collie Street, where the offender damaged a side window and left with nothing, but left a bag of dog chews at the scene.
- Harvey Norman on Barrier Street, where the offender rammed a rear door with a vehicle and left with nothing. A bag of Subaru car tools was left at the scene.
CCTV located at three of the incidents showed the offender was a male wearing black jeans, a black hooded jumper and a white covering over his face, arriving at and leaving each scene in a maroon Subaru Liberty.
About 11.30pm, police located the maroon Subaru Liberty in Heysen Street, Lyons, and it was identified as a stolen vehicle. The vehicle was seized for forensic examination.
Police are urging anyone who may have witnessed any suspicious activity in Fyshwick between 5.30am and 6am on Friday morning to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or via act.crimestoppers.com.au. Information can be provided anonymously.