Gas smell forces Salvos to evacuate

Share Canberra's trusted news:

THE Salvation Army House in Mawson was forced to evacuate after someone smelt gas in the building.

ACT Fire & Rescue were called to the building on Ainsworth Street where they discovered a gas stove had accidentally been left on.

Firefighters are now reminding the ACT community to be sure to double check gas is turned off when finished using appliances.

Crews have cleared the gas and performed atmospheric testing.

Who Can You Trust?

In a world beleaguered by spin and confused messages, there's never been more need for diverse, trustworthy, independent journalism in Canberra.

Who can you trust? Well, for more than 25 years, "CityNews" has proudly been an independent, free, family-owned news magazine, serving the national capital with quality, integrity and authority. Through our weekly magazine and daily through our digital platforms, we constantly and reliably deliver high-quality and diverse opinion, news, arts, socials and lifestyle columns.

If you trust our work online and believe in the power of independent voices, I encourage you to make a small contribution.

Every dollar of support will be invested back into our journalism so we can continue to provide a valuably different view of what's happening around you and keep free.

Click here to make your donation and you will be supporting the future of journalism and media diversity in the ACT.

Thank you,

Ian Meikle, editor

Previous articleTeens arrested after murder of real estate identity
Next articleSong Company sings through psalms

Leave a Reply