ROSENTHAL Street closed between the Cobby Street and Jackson Street intersections, Campbell, while firefighters worked to extinguish a house fire that started Tuesday afternoon (June 15). 

The fire was caused by a solar battery electrical fire. There was no damage to the home.

Crews remained on scene overnight and conducted atmospheric monitoring.

Who can be trusted?

In a world of spin and confusion, there’s never been a more important time to support independent journalism in Canberra.

If you trust our work online and want to enforce the power of independent voices, I invite you to make a small contribution.

Every dollar of support is invested back into our journalism to help keep citynews.com.au strong and free.

Become a supporter

Thank you,

Ian Meikle, editor