Faulty dryer sparks Griffith house blaze

act-fire-and-rescue-badge-large

Firefighters have extinguished a fire which started in a laundry in Griffith home.

ACT Fire & Rescue was called to Meehan Gardens at 3:28am.

A family of five, including three children, were home at the time and evacuated. No injuries were reported.

Three pumpers, the Breathing Apparatus Van and a commander attended the scene at the height of the incident.

The fire is believed to have been caused by a fault in the dryer. The laundry and a section at the rear of the house suffered significant damage and ventilation operations were conducted by fire crews.

Due to electrical damage the residents were unable to return to the property.

4:37 AM

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Leave your opinion here. Please be nice. Your Email address will be kept private.
%d bloggers like this: