THE ACT’s Chief Health Officer Dr Andrew Pengilley has announced six successful Health Promotion Innovation Fund grant applicants, who will receive up to $15,000 for their innovative health promotion projects.
“The Health Promotion Innovation Funding is aimed at improving overweight and obesity outcomes as well reducing smoking and harmful alcohol consumption,” Andrew said.
The successful applicants were:
- Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association (ACT) – Cutting through the haze: ACT e-cigarette Information Project;
- Melrose High School – Kitchen Gardens Foundation Recipes Project;
- University of Canberra – Healthy Eating Habits in High Schools: A Pilot Study at UC High School Kaleen Project;
- Warehouse Circus Inc. – C.H.I.L.L Circus – Comprehensive Health Is Life Long Project;
- The Young Music Society – Young Music Society Active Life Program; and
- YWCA Canberra – Nutrilicious Program.