CAR insurer Budget Direct has released statistics on hail events around Australia.
Thankfully nowhere in the ACT made the national list which was dominated by NSW and Queensland.
They have, however, provided us with a list of the leading hail sites in the ACT, and the Northside is clearly getting a lot more of the bonnet dinging ice from the sky.
- 1) Ngunnawal
4) Watson (tied with Mawson)
7) Campbell (tied with Latham)
9) Lyneham (tied with Braddon)
The most hail prone parts of Australia according to the insurer are:
- 1. Armidale – New South Wales
2. Port Macquarie – New South Wales
3. Southport – Queensland
4. Coffs Harbour – New South Wales
5. Forest Lake – Queensland