Share Canberra's trusted news:
A MAN is dead and his wife is in hospital after both suffered suspected accidental drug overdoses last night.
Police believe the 52-year-old Florey man and his wife both overdosed on the same substance, which was contained in red-and-white capsules.
The man died this morning at 6am and the woman is in a stable condition in Calvary Hospital.
Police investigating the death have seized a capsule, which they believe to be a type of amphetamine after initial analysis.
Detective Superintendent Brett McCann says he is concerned there may be more capsules out there, and issued a strong warning to other members of the community.
“It is quite possible more people in the community have these drugs in their possession and we would not like to see anyone else die from an overdose,” he says.
Anyone with information about this incident, or any type of illicit drugs in Canberra, can contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or by going to www.act.crimestoppers.com.au.
Who Can You Trust?
In a world beleaguered by spin and confused messages, there's never been more need for diverse, trustworthy, independent journalism in Canberra.
Who can you trust? Well, for more than 25 years, "CityNews" has proudly been an independent, free, family-owned news magazine, serving the national capital with quality, integrity and authority. Through our weekly magazine and daily through our digital platforms, we constantly and reliably deliver high-quality and diverse opinion, news, arts, socials and lifestyle columns.
If you trust our work online and believe in the power of independent voices, I encourage you to make a small contribution.
Every dollar of support will be invested back into our journalism so we can continue to provide a valuably different view of what's happening around you and keep citynews.com.au free.
Click here to make your donation and you will be supporting the future of journalism and media diversity in the ACT.
Ian Meikle, editor