Share Canberra's trusted news:
A MAN is dead and his wife is in hospital after both suffered suspected accidental drug overdoses last night.
Police believe the 52-year-old Florey man and his wife both overdosed on the same substance, which was contained in red-and-white capsules.
The man died this morning at 6am and the woman is in a stable condition in Calvary Hospital.
Police investigating the death have seized a capsule, which they believe to be a type of amphetamine after initial analysis.
Detective Superintendent Brett McCann says he is concerned there may be more capsules out there, and issued a strong warning to other members of the community.
“It is quite possible more people in the community have these drugs in their possession and we would not like to see anyone else die from an overdose,” he says.
Anyone with information about this incident, or any type of illicit drugs in Canberra, can contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or by going to www.act.crimestoppers.com.au.