Share Canberra's trusted news:
INVESTIGATIONS are underway following a small fire in the Florey Primary School library.
The fire is not believed to be suspicious, with firefighters saying it was caused by a suspected electrical fault.
ACT Fire & Rescue responded to an Automatic Fire Alarm at about 2:30am.
On arrival crews found a lounge suite alight. The fire was extinguished quickly and contained to the lounge.
Damage to books was minimal, however, there was some heat damage to associated electrical equipment in the room.
ACT Education and Training has advised school will operate as normal for students today.
ACT Fire & Rescue sent two pumpers, the Breathing Apparatus Van and a commander to the incident.