Gordon house fire

fire

ACT Fire & Rescue is currently responding to reports of a house fire at Hatherley Court, Knoke Ave, Gordon.

Update to follow.

12:26 PM


Fire has been extinguished.

Cleaning products from an oven caused the smoke logging in the kitchen.

Update to follow.

12:31 PM


ACT Fire & Rescue has now departed the scene. The kitchen sustained minimal damage.

1:25 PM

Who Can You Trust?

In a world beleaguered by spin and confused messages, there's never been more need for diverse, trustworthy, independent journalism in Canberra.

Who can you trust? Well, for more than 25 years, "CityNews" has proudly been an independent, free, family-owned news magazine, serving the national capital with quality, integrity and authority. Through our weekly magazine and daily through our digital platforms, we constantly and reliably deliver high-quality and diverse opinion, news, arts, socials and lifestyle columns.

If you trust our work online and believe in the power of independent voices, I encourage you to make a small contribution.

Every dollar of support will be invested back into our journalism so we can continue to provide a valuably different view of what's happening around you and keep citynews.com.au free.

Click here to make your donation and you will be supporting the future of journalism and media diversity in the ACT.

Thank you,

Ian Meikle, editor

Previous articlePolice targeting red light runners
Next articleAn Assembly style garage sale in Civic Square today

Leave a Reply