Lyneham stove fire

Share Canberra's trusted news:

fire

ACT Fire & Rescue crews had to break in to a Lyneham home after food left unattended on the stove caught fire.

The home was vacant when crews arrived at the block of flats on Owen Crescent around 4pm.

The food has been removed from the stove and the fire extinguished.

One floor had to be evacuated.

There is smoke damage to the kitchen and firefighters are currently ventilating the property and conducting atmospheric testing.

16:32

Who Can You Trust?

In a world beleaguered by spin and confused messages, there's never been more need for diverse, trustworthy, independent journalism in Canberra.

Who can you trust? Well, for more than 25 years, "CityNews" has proudly been an independent, free, family-owned news magazine, serving the national capital with quality, integrity and authority. Through our weekly magazine and daily through our digital platforms, we constantly and reliably deliver high-quality and diverse opinion, news, arts, socials and lifestyle columns.

If you trust our work online and believe in the power of independent voices, I encourage you to make a small contribution.

Every dollar of support will be invested back into our journalism so we can continue to provide a valuably different view of what's happening around you and keep citynews.com.au free.

Click here to make your donation and you will be supporting the future of journalism and media diversity in the ACT.

Thank you,

Ian Meikle, editor

Previous articleWeekend arts roundup
Next articleCFMEU wins an injunction against the police

Leave a Reply