Gas bottle triggers Florey house fire

Share Canberra's trusted news:


ACTF&R have worked through the night to extinguish a house fire caused by an exploding gas cylinder at Hewlett Circuit in Florey.

The house received extensive damage, estimated to be between $200,000 and $250,000. The house was unoccupied and no-one was injured during the incident.

Three pumpers, a Commander, Breathing Apparatus and the Rehab POD responded to multiple 000 calls reporting an explosion just after 1.30am on Wednesday morning.

ACTF&R found the fire was through the roof of the house upon arrival. Firefighters worked on the fire until after 5.30am.


Who Can You Trust?

In a world beleaguered by spin and confused messages, there's never been more need for diverse, trustworthy, independent journalism in Canberra.

Who can you trust? Well, for more than 25 years, "CityNews" has proudly been an independent, free, family-owned news magazine, serving the national capital with quality, integrity and authority. Through our weekly magazine and daily through our digital platforms, we constantly and reliably deliver high-quality and diverse opinion, news, arts, socials and lifestyle columns.

If you trust our work online and believe in the power of independent voices, I encourage you to make a small contribution.

Every dollar of support will be invested back into our journalism so we can continue to provide a valuably different view of what's happening around you and keep free.

Click here to make your donation and you will be supporting the future of journalism and media diversity in the ACT.

Thank you,

Ian Meikle, editor

Previous articleFurther controlled burns around Canberra
Next articleKate Auty to be Canberra’s new Commissioner for Sustainability and the Environment

Leave a Reply