Share Canberra's trusted news:
THE Bureau of Meteorology reports that Canberra recorded its wettest June on record during 2016, largely due to an East Coast Low which resulted in Canberra Airport’s wettest June day on record.
Overnight temperatures were very warm during the month, with 15 nights above 5 °C, the equal second-highest number of warm nights on record.
- Wettest June on record for Canberra Airport with 144 mm, 18 mm higher than the previous record in June 1956
- Three days recorded at least 20 mm, the equal-highest number on record with June 1998
- East Coast Low produced 65.2 mm of rain at Canberra Airport on the 6th, the wettest June day on record
- 18 rain days, equal third-highest number on record
- Warmest average minimum temperatures at Canberra Airport since June 2009
- 15 nights of 5 °C or higher, equal second-highest number on record