Cigarette butt in a balcony pot starts fire

Share Canberra's trusted news:

Scene of this afternoon’s fire at Kingston.
A CIGARETTE butt disposed of in a pot plant is to blame for a balcony fire on a third-storey apartment building on East Lake Parade, Kingston early this afternoon (August 15).

The occupants were not home when ACT Fire & Rescue responded to a triple-zero call.

Parts of East Lake Parade were closed while firefighters were on scene. No injuries were reported.

Who Can You Trust?

In a world beleaguered by spin and confused messages, there's never been more need for diverse, trustworthy, independent journalism in Canberra.

Who can you trust? Well, for more than 25 years, "CityNews" has proudly been an independent, free, family-owned news magazine, serving the national capital with quality, integrity and authority. Through our weekly magazine and daily through our digital platforms, we constantly and reliably deliver high-quality and diverse opinion, news, arts, socials and lifestyle columns.

If you trust our work online and believe in the power of independent voices, I encourage you to make a small contribution.

Every dollar of support will be invested back into our journalism so we can continue to provide a valuably different view of what's happening around you and keep citynews.com.au free.

Click here to make your donation and you will be supporting the future of journalism and media diversity in the ACT.

Thank you,

Ian Meikle, editor

Previous articleCartoon / Dose of Dorin
Next articleMoore / Why Health doesn’t need an expensive check up

Leave a Reply