Electric blanket warning after Holder fire

Share Canberra's trusted news:

ACT Fire and Rescue were able to contain the fire to the one room. 
ACT FIRE & Rescue is advising the community to only keep bedding on top of active electric blankets and to avoid leaving them unattended after an electric blanket caused a fire in Holder. 

Residents self-evacuated the apartment on Hynes Crescent and called emergency services, who were able to contain the fire to the one room.

Who Can You Trust?

In a world beleaguered by spin and confused messages, there's never been more need for diverse, trustworthy, independent journalism in Canberra.

Who can you trust? Well, for more than 25 years, "CityNews" has proudly been an independent, free, family-owned news magazine, serving the national capital with quality, integrity and authority. Through our weekly magazine and daily through our digital platforms, we constantly and reliably deliver high-quality and diverse opinion, news, arts, socials and lifestyle columns.

If you trust our work online and believe in the power of independent voices, I encourage you to make a small contribution.

Every dollar of support will be invested back into our journalism so we can continue to provide a valuably different view of what's happening around you and keep citynews.com.au free.

Click here to make your donation and you will be supporting the future of journalism and media diversity in the ACT.

Thank you,

Ian Meikle, editor

Previous articleCartoon / Dose of Dorin
Next articleReview / A surprisingly fun Shakespeare production

Leave a Reply