Smoke alarm wakes woman to kitchen fire

Share Canberra's trusted news:

A SMOKE alarm woke the resident of a two-storey home in Aranda early this morning (September 1) to a fire in her kitchen.

fireiesFirefighters were called to Bindaga Street just after 4.20am and extinguished the blaze, which is believed to be non-suspicious. 

Three pumpers were on scene with the Breathing Apparatus Van and a commander.

Who Can You Trust?

In a world beleaguered by spin and confused messages, there's never been more need for diverse, trustworthy, independent journalism in Canberra.

Who can you trust? Well, for more than 25 years, "CityNews" has proudly been an independent, free, family-owned news magazine, serving the national capital with quality, integrity and authority. Through our weekly magazine and daily through our digital platforms, we constantly and reliably deliver high-quality and diverse opinion, news, arts, socials and lifestyle columns.

If you trust our work online and believe in the power of independent voices, I encourage you to make a small contribution.

Every dollar of support will be invested back into our journalism so we can continue to provide a valuably different view of what's happening around you and keep free.

Click here to make your donation and you will be supporting the future of journalism and media diversity in the ACT.

Thank you,

Ian Meikle, editor

Previous articleReview / Dance work explores emotional and physical extremes   
Next articleCartoon / Dose of Dorin

Leave a Reply